Thursday, August 12, 2010

I Spy Quilt with a border!


I thought I would quickly add a photo of my I Spy Quilt top now that it has a border - it's amazing how it 'finishes' the quilt off. I used navy for a thin border around the squares and then a blue star print for a thicker second border. Once it is quilted I will use the same navy for the binding.


Why blue? To come to that decision I actually used Microsoft Paint - I imported the photo of the finished sqaures, deleted the background so it was surrounded by white space and then used the thick line tool to draw around the squares (to represent the first border). Then I drew around it again with a thinner line to represent the thicker border and used the bucket (not sure what that one is called) to fill the second border with colour. That way I could try all different colours with a click of a button to see what worked best!

I thought I saved the paint picture so I could share it but I can't find it!

Bec

3 comments:

Emma said...

What a smart idea! Looks really good Bec!

the tenhaafs said...

Looks good Bec:) Great job.. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Heather said...

I love doing that! I do that with my quilting! It's so nice to be able to go into the fabric store take photos of possible fabrics, load them and use the fabric as a "paint fill" then fill in patterns until i'm finally happy with how it looks - then I just buy for what i love the best! I like to know what it's going to look like before i'm finished. lol. It worries me if I don't.