Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Introducing Henrietta....

Hello, my name is Henrietta Ten Haaf. I am a Christian, mother to 2 beautiful girls, Angelina 2 1/2 and Tess 8 months, and have a wonderful husband.  I moved here from canada just over 3 years ago, found some wonderful friends, and have found a love for sewing. I enjoy getting together once and awhile to catch up and of course to do whatever craft we are busy with.  I never thought I had a real crafty side to me, but since being married and a stay at home mom, that side seems to be coming through. I am not one to be bored, which you almost never are with 2 kiddies to look after, and always looking for something new to try.

I have cross stitched for most of my life already so sewing it still new to me but loving it and can't wait to learn more. I also learned to knit, just the basics, and since sewing has come on the scene that has been put on the back burner. There are so many things I would love to do and its amazing when you think to yourself where do I find the time.  First on my list is to learn how to crochet, and then we will see where that takes me to.

With my cross stitching I am into old patterns and making keepsakes for the family. With sewing I am into making nappy bags and have a few new patterns that I am really looking forward to trying out. With crocheting I can't wait to learn and sew some blankets for the girls rooms. Looking forward to starting the blog and showing our projects to you all!!!

No comments: